HPH Advance Care Planning Class July 2023
July 19 @ 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm HST
This class is offered for physicians, nurses, social workers and other clinicians. It promotes ACP introductions and will review key elements and processes related to ACP, Advance Directives and POLST in the clinic.
- Apply ACP resources to promote advance care planning discussions.
- Promote patients’ knowledge of advance directives including healthcare power of attorney designation.
- Identify the differences between an Advance Directive and Provider Order for Life-Sustaining Treatment (POLST) and implement correct documentation of these documents.
- Implement and standardize ACP processes.
- Identify the Hawai‘i requirements of Medical Aid in Dying, Our Care, Our Choice Act.
- Engage the multi-disciplinary team to patient-centered discussion addressing advance care planning.
Wed July 19
Noon to 4 PM
First Insurance Center (FIC)
862 South Beretania Street, FIC 970
Other dates: Wed 10/18, Wed, 12/6
Registration: HPH Employees: Manager’s Approval is required prior to registering AND register online through the HPH Learning Center (HLC). Type in the Catalog: ACP; Select Course: HPH – Advance Care Planning (ACP) Class.
Non-HPH Participants: Register by emailing Michelle Cantillo, RN, HPH ACP Coordinator at email@example.com.