The set of Five Booklets was developed by the Center on Aging at the University of Hawai‘i at Manoa. The Five Booklets were updated in November 2011 to reflect changes, such as POLST for Hawai‘i.
Their latest updated version of the booklets can be downloaded for free here as a PDF files:
- A workbook to document the kind of care you want if you are unable to make decisions for yourself. Includes web addresses to find your state’s forms.
- Document your funeral or memorial service preferences ahead of time. Includes tips for working with mortuary or funeral homes.
- Learn about common symptoms experienced by dying people and what you can do to make the dying person more comfortable.
- A guide to help you get through the hours, days, and weeks following a loved one’s death.
- Learn about the common expressions of grief, the healing process, and when to get help.
Note: These links are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by the Kōkua Mau of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporation, organization or individual. Kōkua Mau bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.