Here is a basic video, as a reminder, what all of us need to know or should do.
COVID-19: What It Is and Ways to Prepare and Protect Yourself
The information provided by Providence and ACP Decisions in this video is for informational purposes only. Content and guidelines presented are according to the CDC as of March 12, 2020 and are subject to change dependent on further delineation by the CDC.
CDC – Centers of Disease Control and Prevention
- CDC webpages: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
State of Hawai‘i – Department of Health
- Please visit the State of Hawai‘i Department of Health‘s (DOH): What You Should Know: Get the Facts about COVID-19
Advance Care Planning – Decision Making Tools
The Conversation Project
Download a brand new Conversation Project guide specific to COVID-19, to help people take action and be prepared. We can’t control how this pandemic plays out. But we can control who speaks for us if we’re unable to speak for ourselves, and we can take the time to make sure they know what matters most to us. Have this conversation today. Please look at their additional resources.
Healthcare Decision Aids by the Coalition for Compassionate Care of California
During the COVID crisis Coalition for Compassionate Care of California is making free digital versions of their popular Decision Aids available to download and share with consumers (though May 30, 2020).
CCCC’s Decision Aids explain the complex topics of life-sustaining treatments using consumer-friendly language with neutral, evidence-based information.
- Ventilator Decision Aid | COVID-19 Digital download [Spanish] [Chinese]
- CPR Decision Aid |COVID-19 Digital download [Spanish] [Chinese]
- Artificial Hydration Decision Aid | COVID-19 Digital download [Spanish] [Chinese]
- Tube Feeding Decision Aid | COVID-19 Digital download [Spanish] [Chinese]