- This event has passed.
Kokua Mau Meeting POLST Improvements
June 29, 2023 @ 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm HST
Please notice June has 5 Thursdays and we meet on the last Thursday of the month
We are very pleased to announce that our Hawaiʻi POLST form is getting some improvements.
With input from local key informants and reviewing the national POLST form and changes made in other states, the Statewide POLST Task Force agreed on some improvements to our Hawaiʻi POLST Form.
Please join us at the June 29 Kōkua Mau meeting at 3pm to learn about the changes.
- Dr. Daniel Fischberg – Improvements to the POLST form
- Dr. Libby Char – POLST and First Responders
- Dr. Sarah Racsa – POLST and out-of-hospital situations
The new form will be up on the website by June 29.
Register in advance for the June monthly meeting. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with details on how to join the zoom meeting.
Remember that current POLST forms are still valid and we encourage you to use the newest version when it is ready. To read more about POLST visit our website at: kokuamau.org/polst
To help educate the community about these changes, we look to you for help. We will be uploading the recording of the session to our website, which you can share with colleagues. If you would like a short article for an in-house newsletter to highlight the changes and the importance of POLST, please let us know.
A recording of many of our meetings are available on our YouTube channel, in case you might have missed it.
Quick overview: YouTube Channel
- Highlights Kokua Mau Activities 2023
- Quick overview Kōkua Mau Website
- Nechama: the Jewish Path of Comfort at the End of Life
- Updates from Maui Hospice about the fires and the community response
- What is the Kūpuna Collective?
- Improved Hawaii POLST Form 2023 step-by-step essentials with Dr. Daniel Fischberg
- Bereavement Network of Hawaii – What is it?
- Community Health Workers and how they can help in serious illness care
- Palliative Care Nursing Education at Chaminade University of Honolulu
- Compassionate Care and Evidence-Based Practice: Is it possible for them to co-exist?
- Ohana Pacific Medical a Medical Clinic in Your Home
- Advance Care Planning Billing and Coding for Billing Clinicians
- Psychedelic Medicine and Palliative Care: An exploration of old and ancient therapies to address twenty-first century clinical challenges
- A Caregivers Journey with Palliative Care in 3 minutes
- Prognostication and Palliative Care
- LymphaCare Hawaii advocates for cancer survivors who develop lymphedema
- Palliative Care – Extra Support for People with Cancer
- A Caregivers Journey with Palliative Care
- VA Resources for Seriously Ill Veterans in Hawaii
- Veterans Benefits and Entitlements
- Palliative Care Awareness Campaign on Instagram in Hawaii
- Advance Care Planning Innovations in Community Outreach in Hawaii
- Update on POLST nationally, new documents and the national POLST Form
- An Update on Hawaii’s Our Care Our Choice Act
- Innovations in Palliative Care
- Help with stress and and anxiety in COVID-19 times – Thought Field Therapy (TFT)
- Funerals and Memorials in the times of COVID-19
- Mapping Palliative Care in the State of Hawaii
- Palliative Care Summit in Hawaii 2020
- Advance Care Planning in the time of COVID-19 in Hawaii
- Questions about Medicare? – The ABCD’s of Medicare explained
- How to Help Your Older Parent