Kōkua Mau Resources:
This section will help you to access the tools available on this site more easily. Click on the links below to go to the resource of your choice:
Get information about Advance Directives — what they are and how you can use them.
After 10 years we have updated and revised the Advance Directive to make it more user friendly and accommodate the wishes of patients and their loved ones in more detail. Now a 3-page document, you can find the PDF file of the Advance Directive on our dedicated web page. (updated Dec. 2015)
All “old” two page Advance Directives are still valid, although we recommend you use only the new form and may consider updating an “older” form with the more detailed options available now.
- Consumer Internet Resources (active links in the PDF file, Nov. 2015)
- Providers Internet Resources (active links in the PDF file, Nov. 2015)
- Palliative Care Resources for Hawai‘i compiled by Kōkua Mau
- A Guide to Advance Care Planning: Making Life Decisions
- Questions about CPR
- Revised Booklet: Your Advance Directive for Future Healthcare (and additional two page check list to help complete an Advance Directive)
- “Some of the most important conversations you will ever have” video
Kōkau Mau general website info sheet
- The Conversation Project (with Starter Kit). More on our wesbite
- Download the Bereavement Network of Hawaii list (PDF) (updated Sept. 2016)
Kōkua Mau Materials Available to order in the mail or download:
- Living your Dying – A DVD with and about Rev. Dr. Mits Aoki
- “Breaking the Ice“ the Kokua Mau trigger DVD
- Five Wishes® Advance directive
- Five Booklets (download only) Series about key end-of-life issues (20 pages each). Please note: as of 2012 an updated version is available.
- To download the ORDER FORM please click here.
- A writable pdf format of the order form click here.
The Complete Life Course:
Curriculum available for organizations.
Definitions of Terms:
Learning about your options also requires learning some new terms. This resource will help you understand some commonly used words.