- This event has passed.
Kokua Mau Meeting March 2023
March 23 @ 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm HST
- Please note the March 23 meeting will be the 4th Thursday of the month (not out usual last Thursday of the month)
CHW are a valuable resource in our communities, connecting people with resources and being a bridge to health care and providers. Learn more about CHW and the valuable work they do and help and strategize about ways CHW can help those with serious illness at our next Kōkua Mau Meeting.
Thur March 23, 2023 (this month on the 4th Thursday)
3:00-5:00 PM (HST)
Agenda, part 1
- What is a Community Health worker, what training do they have and how can you be a practicum site? Hilary Hacker, Director of the Community Health Education Program, Kapiʻolani Community College
- What roles do CHW play at Queens? Mia Taylor, MSN, FNP-BC, APRN-Rx; Director, Community & Post-Acute Care Services, The Queen’s Health System
- What Does a CHW do? Martha Boyd, CHW, Patient Community Navigator, Super Utilizer, Queen’s Care Coalition, The Queen’s Medical Center
- Advance Care Planning for CHWs. Hope Young, ACP Coordinator, Kōkua Mau
- High School Academies and palliative care training. Naomi Morita, MD, VP, Hui Pōhala and Dan Weiss, DNP, RN, CHPN, Adjunct Faculty, Chaminade University, School of Nursing & Health Professions
Discussion: How could CHW help in serious illness care?
Agenda Part 2
Palliative care (PC) nursing education initiatives (including using ELNEC curricula and developing a new PC minor) at Chaminade University – Dan Weiss will present an update.
Please join us for our Virtual Monthly Meeting on zoom, to learn, laugh, mingle and network. Subscribe to our eNewsletter for the most up-to-date information and zoom log-ins for the specific month. As the date draws close and the speakers or topics are confirmed we will post it here.
A recording of many of our meetings are available on our YouTube channel, in case you might have missed it.