- This event has passed.
Advance Directives and Provider Orders for Life-Sustaining Treatment (POLST) Facilitator Training
May 10 @ 8:00 am – 4:30 pm HST
This training is offered for nurses, physicians, social workers and other clinicians and focuses on communication skills to improve ACP discussions. The class will review key elements and processes related to ACP, advance directives and POLST development.
- Apply advance care planning resources to promote ACP discussions
- Engage the multi-disciplinary team to patient-centered discussion addressing advance care planning
- Promote patients’ knowledge of advance directives including health care power of attorney designation
- Implement correct documentation of POLST-CPR, DNAR, full and limited treatment, time-limited trials and comfort care
- Promote correct process of ACP documents-access and utilization in your organization
- Identify end-of-life options including Hawai‘i requirements on Medical Aid in Dying, Our Care, Our Choice Act
First Insurance Center (FIC)
862 South Beretania Street
For CE information please download the PDF flyer
Alternate dates: Aug– Wed 8/2/2023 FIC 970, Nov – Tue 11/7/2023 FIC 970
Registration: HPH employees: Manager’s approval is required prior to registering AND register online through HPH Learning Center (HLC). Type in catalog: Advance Care Planning or POLST; Select course: HPH – Advance Care Planning, Advance Directives and Facilitator Certification.
Register online: https://www.hawaiipacifichealth.org/health-wellness/continuing-education/
Contact Michelle Cantillo, RN, HPH ACP Coordinator at 808-535-7874 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.