- This event has passed.
Kauai Advance Directives and Provider Orders for Life-Sustaining Treatment Facilitator Training
October 12, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
This training is offered for nurses, physicians, social workers and other clinicians and focuses on communication skills to improve ACP discussions. The class will review key elements and processes related to ACP, advance directives and POLST development.
- Course Objectives:
- Apply ACP resources to promote advance care planning discussions
- Engage the multidisciplinary team to patient-centered discussion addressing advance care planning
- Promote patients’ knowledge of advance directives including health care power of attorney designation
- Implement correct documentation of POLST – CPR, DNAR, full and limited treatment, time-limited trials
and comfort care
- Promote correct process of ACP documents – access and utilization in your organization
Friday, October 12, 2018
Wilcox Memorial Hospital, Kaua‘i
3-3420 Kuhio Hwy
Conference Room B & C
Obtain and review a copy of the Hawai‘i Advance Health Care Directive prior to class.