Advance Care Planning (ACP) Advance Directives and Provider Orders for Life-Sustaining Treatment (POLST) Facilitator Training Kauai Sept 2019
September 24, 2019 @ 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
This training is offered for nurses, physicians, social workers and other clinicians and focuses on communication skills to improve ACP discussions. The class will review key elements and processes related to ACP, advance directives and POLST development.
- Apply ACP resources to promote advance care planning discussions
- Engage the multidisciplinary team to patient-centered discussion addressing advance care
- Promote patients’ knowledge of advance directives including health care power of attorney
- Implement correct documentation of POLST – CPR, DNAR, full and limited treatment, time-limited
trials and comfort care
- Promote correct process of ACP documents – access and utilization in your organization
Wilcox Memorial Hospital, Kauai
Conference Room B/C
3-3420 Kuhio Hwy
Tue, Sept. 24, 2019
HPH employees: Manager’s approval is required prior to registering AND register online through HPH Learning Center (HLC). Type in catalog: ACP or POLST ; Select course: HPH – POLST Advance Care Planning (ACP)
Facilitator Certification 2019
Register with Michelle Cantillo, RN ACP Coordinator via phone 808-535-7874 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Many of you have already attended the class and Michelle welcomes you to take the class again if it’s been awhile since you did the class.
Please share with your staff and coworkers in your organization.