The set of Five Booklets was developed by the Center on Aging at the University of Hawai’i at Manoa and are printed and distributed by ‘Imi Hale Native Hawaiian Cancer Network.
The Five Booklets were updated in November 2011 to reflect changes over the past ten years, such as POLST for Hawaii.
- If you want the updated Five Booklets immediately you can download the pdf files for free on the links below. You can read it on your screen or print it yourself. Each 20-page booklet is around 400KB is size.
- Free printed copies can be ordered from ‘Imi Hale Native Hawaiian Cancer Network. Please contact them by phone (808) 526-1700 or email.
- The updated version of the booklets can be downloaded as a PDF files as well at the ‘Imi Hale Native Hawaiian Cancer Network’s website (please scroll down to the ‘end-of-life’ section on the ‘Cancer Education Page’ page).
- A workbook to document the kind of care you want if you are unable to make decisions for yourself. Includes web addresses to find your state’s forms.
- Document your funeral or memorial service preferences ahead of time. Includes tips for working with mortuary or funeral homes.
- Learn about common symptoms experienced by dying people and what you can do to make the dying person more comfortable.
- A guide to help you get through the hours, days, and weeks following a loved one’s death.
- Learn about the common expressions of grief, the healing process, and when to get help.
Note: These links are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by the Kōkua Mau of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporation, organization or individual. Kōkua Mau bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.