- This event has passed.
CANCELLED Advance Care Planning (ACP) Medical Assistant Licensed Practical Nurse Class
April 2, 2020 @ 12:30 pm – 4:30 pm
Due to coronavirus class cancellations, please check with the organizer regarding the status of their classes as we may not have the most up to date information.
This class is offered for medical assistants, licensed practice nurses and other clinicians to promote ACP introductions and will review key elements and processes related to ACP, advance directives and Provider Orders Life-Sustaining Treatment (POLST) in the clinic.
- Apply ACP resources to promote advance care planning discussions.
- Promote patients’ knowledge of advance directives including health care power of attorney designation.
- Describe the differences between the an Advance Directive and Provider Order for Life- Sustaining Treatment (POLST) and implement correct documentation of these documents.
- Implement and standardize ACP processes in the clinic.
- Identify the Hawai‘i requirements of Medical Aid in Dying, Our Care, Our Choice Act.
Hawai‘i Pacific Health
Learning Resource Center, Room 101
793 S. Hotel St.
Select one date to attend:
- January – Wednesday, 1/29/2020 Morning class: 8am-12pm
- April – Thursday, 4/2/2020 Afternoon class: 12:30 – 4:30pm
- July – Thursday, 7/9/2020 Morning class: 8am-12pm
- October –Tuesday, 10/6/2020 Afternoon class: 12:30 – 4:30 pm
HPH employees: Manager’s approval is required prior to registering AND register online through HPH Learning Center (HLC). Type in catalog: ACP, or MA; Select course: HPH – Advance Care Planning (ACP) Medical Assistant/Licensed Practical Nurse Class
Non HPH participants: Contact Michelle Cantillo, RN, HPH ACP Coordinator at 808-535-7874 or via email michelle.cantillo(at)hawaiipacifichealth.org for any questions.