- This event has passed.
Learning from Dr. Mitsuo Aoki February 2019
February 13 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Mits Aoki Legacy Foundation, Kōkua Mau & Wesley United Methodist Church present:
Learning from Dr. Mitsuo Aoki: Understanding and working with persons with terminal illness
Introducing a video, discussion and teaching series focused on working with individuals with terminal illness. The sessions are based on actual classes of Dr. Aoki teaching filmed in 1987 and two interviews of Dr. Aoki working with Roger who has been diagnosed with a terminal illness.
February 6, 13, 20, 27 & March 5, 13, 20, 27
5:00 to 7:30 PM
Wesley United Methodist Church
350 Hunakai St • Honolulu, HI 96816
This series is intended for professionals and health care support staff/volunteers. However, adult family members are also welcome to attend.
All classes are free of charge. Donations accepted.
Registration is closed, workshop filled to capacity. Wait list accepted via registration link.
For registration go to: https://mitsaokilegacy.wufoo.com/forms/z36ww5913lab5e/
Or email: mitsaokilegacy[at]hawaii.rr.com
In this series of 8 classes, a participant will:
- gain necessary knowledge about death and dying including: 9 fears associated with dying and definition of a “good death”
- acquire techniques designed preparing him or her to be “present”, while listening to and working with individuals who are terminally ill
- understand the grieving process and the grieving of survivors
- be introduced to a conceptual understanding of suicidal thoughts and acts
- learn about and discuss life after death.
- Learn about advanced care planning considerations and helpful community resources.
- Discover interview methods and techniques used by Dr. Aoki with individual who are terminally ill.
For more information about Dr. Aoki visit:
- www.mitsaokilegacyfoundation.org for a link to a video of his teaching.