- This event has passed.
Advance Care Planning and POLST Facilitator Training
November 8, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
This training is offered for nurses, physicians, social workers and other clinicians and focuses on communication skills to improve ACP discussions. The class will review key elements and processes related to ACP, advance directives and POLST development.
- Course Objectives:
- Apply ACP resources to promote advance care planning discussions
- Engage the multidisciplinary team to patient-centered discussion addressing advance care planning
- Promote patients’ knowledge of advance directives including health care power of attorney designation
- Implement correct documentation of POLST – CPR, DNAR, full and limited treatment, time-limited trials
and comfort care
- Promote correct process of ACP documents – access and utilization in your organization
Thursday, Nov. 8
Hawai‘i Pacific Health – Learning Resource Center, Room 101
793 S Hotel Street
(Next to Straub Medical Center)