Advance Care Planning (ACP) Medical Assistant/Licensed Practical Nurse Class KAUAI
November 19, 2020 @ 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm
This class is offered for medical assistants, licensed practice nurses and other clinicians to promote ACP introductions and will review key elements and processes related to ACP, advance directives and Provider Orders Life-Sustaining Treatment (POLST) in the clinic.
- Apply ACP resources to promote advance care planning discussions
- Promote patients’ knowledge of advance directives including health care power of attorney designation
- Describe the differences between the an Advance Directive and Provider Order for Life-Sustaining Treatment (POLST) and implement correct documentation of these documents
- Implement and standardize ACP processes in the clinic
- Become familiar with the requirements for Medical Aid in Dying, Our Care Our Choice Act
Nov 19, 2020
12:00 – 4:00 p.m.
Wilcox Medical Center
3-3420 Kuhio Hwy
Conference Room B/C
HPH employees: Manager’s approval is required prior to registering AND register online through HPH Learning Center (HLC). Type in catalog: ACP,MA or LPN; Select course: HPH – Advance Care Planning (ACP) Medical Assistant/Licensed Practical Nurse Class – Kauai
Non HPH participants:
Contact Michelle Cantillo, RN, HPH ACP Coordinator at 808-535-7874 or via email michelle.cantillo[you know what goes there}hawaiipacifichealth.org for any questions.