Advance Care Planning (ACP) Medical Assistant Licensed Practical Nurse Class
Due to corona virus response, event are cancelled and moved into the virtual space. Please make sure you subscribe to our eNewsletter for the most up-to-date information. We post all updates, or e.g. zoom meeting log in information in our newsletter. We will also be posting updates on our Facebook page.
For events posted here hosted by a third party, please contact the organizers directly. (As of May 20, 2020)
This class is offered for medical assistants, licensed practice nurses and other clinicians to promote ACP introductions and will review key elements and processes related to ACP, advance directives and Provider Orders Life-Sustaining Treatment (POLST) in the clinic.
- Apply ACP resources to promote advance care planning discussions.
- Promote patients’ knowledge of advance directives including health care power of attorney designation.
- Describe the differences between the an Advance Directive and Provider Order for Life- Sustaining Treatment (POLST) and implement correct documentation of these documents.
- Implement and standardize ACP processes in the clinic.
- Identify the Hawai‘i requirements of Medical Aid in Dying, Our Care, Our Choice Act.
Hawai‘i Pacific Health
Learning Resource Center, Room 101
793 S. Hotel St.
Select one date to attend:
- January – Wednesday, 1/29/2020 Morning class: 8am-12pm
- April – Thursday, 4/2/2020 Afternoon class: 12:30 – 4:30pm
- July – Thursday, 7/9/2020 Morning class: 8am-12pm
- October –Tuesday, 10/6/2020 Afternoon class: 12:30 – 4:30 pm
HPH employees: Manager’s approval is required prior to registering AND register online through HPH Learning Center (HLC). Type in catalog: ACP, or MA; Select course: HPH – Advance Care Planning (ACP) Medical Assistant/Licensed Practical Nurse Class
Non HPH participants: Contact Michelle Cantillo, RN, HPH ACP Coordinator at 808-535-7874 or via email michelle.cantillo(at)hawaiipacifichealth.org for any questions.