- Have you been waiting for the right time to document a loved one’s life?
- Capture their memories and compile family photos to share?
- Don’t wait; Now is the best time!
Discover how reminiscing and the creative medium of video can be used by families, loved ones, caregivers and professional healthcare providers to navigate through the process of documenting the life of a loved one or capturing a valuable family history.
Workshop details for 2011:
1. January 22, 2011: 10:00 am to 1:00 pm – Waikiki
2. March 12, 2011: 10:00 am to 1:00 pm – Kailua
This workshop helped participants develop ideas for their project, create an interview outline and learn how to organize a lifetime of photos. They discovered film transfer options, historical websites, free photo and video editing software and resources in the community that can help complete ones project. This presentation provided samples of video showcasing creative ways to weave photos, audio, interviews, videos and historical media together.
• This workshop is designed for beginners (no camera or computer needed)
• You do not have to bring anything with you except your amazing stories
• Anyone can do this with a little guidance, support and training though our workshop
About the presenter:
The instructor is Janette Sargent-Hamill. She holds a BA in Gerontology and is an Independent Filmmaker. She has worked in the field of aging since 1996 and has been producing professional documentaries since 2004. Janette’s vision is to share her passion and resources with everyone who would like to preserve the personal history of an elder or record and pass along the life lessons, personal values and stories of a loved one. Visit www.windwardfilms.com to learn more about her work and her recently published book, “Your Family, Your Story – A Guide to Digital Storytelling,” that will be available for $10 at the workshop. (Book is not included in the workshop fee.).
- $35 for Kokua Mau members
- $45 for non-members
- Space is limited to 15 participants
Membership information on membership, and the option to join instantly click here
Three easy steps to register for this workshop:
To reserve your seat, RSVP and send a check payable to “Kokua Mau”, with ‘family story workshop & date in the memo field.
Mail your check to: Kokua Mau • PO Box 62155 • Honolulu HI 96839.
Once your payment has been received, you will receive a confirmation with further details including location. For questions email us or call 585-9977 (if you get the machine, please leave a message and we call you back). If you are interested in a tailor-made workshop for your facility or organization, please let us know.