We are hosting ‘Clinical Advances in the Art and Science of Care’ a virtual palliative care conference hosted by the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO), the American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine (AAHPM) and the Hospice and Palliative Nurses Association (HPNA) on July 21, 22 & 23 in Hawai’i.
Please consult the conference agenda for the topics for each day’s plenaries and workshops.
The conference takes place entirely online in "real time," live streaming through the Internet from 6:30am-noon HST.
You can save the cost of travel and participate in a national conference to increase your skills and knowledge and qualify for continuing education credits.
We meet at a central location in Honolulu for all three days to watch the streamed live presentations together, starting at 6:30 am HST (12:30 PM EST). We will send an email to registered participants about location, room number and details – seating is limited, sign up today.
You can sign up for just one, any two or all three days.
Please note: The way the software is set up by ConstantContact, you have to register for each day separately. Since we need an accurate head count, you may have to register three times if you want to participate in the entire conference.
At the completion of this conference, participants will be able to:
- Discern innovative and advanced approaches for the medical, clinical, psychosocial and spiritual aspects of hospice and palliative care;
- Review approaches to improve the quality of evidence-based, ethical, effective and efficient hospice and palliative care;
- Interpret and practice the “art” of hospice and palliative care;
- Identify resources for self-care and resilience;
- Discuss ways to improve care provided in diverse settings to diverse populations;
- Cite hospice and palliative care research outcomes and identify future needs.