A Mental Health Brown Bag Seminar presented by Mental Health America of Hawai`i invites to a discussion with:
- What is the most common mental health issue facing seniors?
- How can a caregiver tell if the person they are caring for is depressed? What can you do to help?
- What is the difference between being clinically depresed vs. grieving the loss of a loved one?
- How many of us are going to get dementia or Alzheimers? (What is the difference between dementia and Alzheimers?)
- Is there anything we can do to avoid it?
- What are the risk factors for Alzheimers?
- What are the most common mental health problems experienced by caregivers?
- What can caregivers do to reduce their stress and its effects on their physical and mental health?
- What are the stresses experienced by caregivers who care for a younger person or a disabled veteran?
Parking free on-site. Parking available in parking lot off of Punahou or on the grassy area in front.
Bring a bag lunch