Sign up for ‘Hot Topics in Palliative Care‘ a virtual palliative care conference organized by National Hospice & Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO) July 8, 9 & 10.
Final Agenda for the virtual conference (PDF File)
- The conference will be held at the John A. Burns School of Medicine (JABSOM) in Kakaako. We meet and watch the streamed live presentations together, starting at 6:30 am HST (12:30 PM EST).
- You can sign up for one, any two or all three days, with a discount offered to Kōkua Mau members.
- In this virtual conference all sections of the program are posted on the NHPCO website online at Agenda At-A-Glance. Each workshop has and interactive link to the abstract, presneters and learning objectives. Please just click around and explore.
Each day has a theme and the topics seem very relevant with great speakers:
- Tue. July 8: Opening Plenary: Community-Based Palliative Care
Martha Twaddle MD, FACP, FAAHPM, Chief Medical Officer Midwest Palliative Hospice Care Center, Associate Professor of Medicine Northwest Healthcare, Chicago, IL
- Wed. July 9: Clinical Aspects of Palliative Care
Plenary II: What’s New and What’s Not in Drug Therapy- the 411 and Implications for Palliative Care. Mary Lynn McPherson – PharmD, BCPS, CPE, University of Maryland School of Pharmacy, Baltimore, MD
- Thur. July 10 Theme: Palliative Care – Building Relationships (no plenary)
Kōkua Mau members*: $40 per day, $100 for all three days
Non Members: $60 per day, $150 for all three days.
CMEs can be awarded (by NHPCO directly) for an additional $30 fee.
* A discounted registration fee is offered to all Kōkua Mau members. If your employer is a member you qualify for a discount. Check if your organization or employer is a member.
Please check the constatly updated virtual conference on NHPCO’s website.