The Kupuna Education Center Fall Session starts soon.
Here is what’s new:
- 3 Active Aging Classes: 2 on Financial Planning for Seniors and 1 on "How to Keep Your Brain Healthy as You Age"
- A Partnership with McKinley Community School for Adults so we can offer classes at their location on Friday during the morning and afternoon
Kupuna Education Center is continuing the Family Caregiver and Schmieding Elder Stay@Home Home Care Worker Training.
- See thre PDF file for a complete course schedule
Hands-On Skills for Family Caregivers
- Observe Skills Demonstration
- Ask Questions and Get Answers
- Practice Skills
- Hear Helpful Hints and Techniques
- Gain Confidence
- Reduce Stress
Learn hands-on skills in three 2-hour work- shops. Participants use the KCC Nursing Lab facilities and learn how to assist an elder with a bed bath, incontinent care, dressing, oral care, range of motion exercises and correct transfer techniques from the bed, chair and wheelchair.
Participants are encouraged to practice the skills. Class size is limited.
Instructors: TBD; Ann Low PT, MCSP
Course No.: 133HSFCG1 Course Fee: $40