“The New Healthcare: Ethics and Economics”
Date: Friday August 13, 2010
Time: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Location: Japanese Cultural Center of Hawaii
Manoa Grand Ballroom
2454 S. Beretania Street
• To download the pdf of the brochure click here
“The New Healthcare: Ethics and Economics” sponsored by St. Francis Healthcare System of Hawaii. Fiery debate and heated disagreement notwithstanding, healthcare reform legislation is here. For some there is cause for cautious optimism, others hold to their conviction that expanded access to healthcare is financially unsustainable.
The St. Francis International Center for Healthcare Ethics has assembled internationally known speakers and local experts in the area of bioethics, economics, telehealth, and medical insurance to address the ethical aspects of healthcare reform. Anyone connected to the healthcare industry and an interest in ethics will find this conference relevant.
- Identify ethical concerns associated with new healthcare legislation
- Discuss whether telehealth technology facilitates effective patient communication with healthcare providers or if it dehumanizes patient care
- Learn how insurance companies view current legislation
- Gain an international perspective on America’s healthcare situation
Continuing Education Credits
For Physicians: The Hawaii Medical Center East is accredited by the Hawaii Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Hawaii Medical Center East designates this educational activity for a maximum of 7.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
For Nurses: Nurses must attend the entire conference and complete/return evaluation to receive 7.0 continuing nursing education credits.
“This continuing nursing education activity was approved by Hawaii Medical Center, an approved provider accredited by the Arizona Nurses’ Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.”
- To download the pdf of the brochure click here