Kōkua Mau is our state’s Movement to Improve Care. As a community benefit organization, our purpose is to improve quality of life for people living in Hawai‘i by promoting excellence in hospice, end of life, palliative care, and early advanced care planning through the provision of:
- Public and professional education
- Development of professional and organizational healthcare capacity
- Advocacy and public policy
- Workplace Wellness Programs
- Statewide leadership
- Promotion and fostering of a collaborative membership
Kōkua Mau Members show their commitment to this purpose through collaboration, support, guidance, and active participation in Kōkua Mau activities and strategic goals.
Our membership strives to support, collaborate, and assist each other in the primary purpose of improving quality of life for people in Hawai‘i.
Levels of Membership
Organizational are encouraged to join at the Hōkūle‘a, Leadership or Advocate level. Alternatively, membership is determined by an employee head count.
We have a rolling membership system so if you join now, your membership will last for the next 12 months. We hope this will make it easier for our members.
Donations can be made in 3 ways:
- Download Organizational Membership Form and send them along with a a check to Kōkua Mau, PO Box 62155, Honolulu, HI 96839.
- If you have a PayPal account, you can donate to Kōkua Mau through the PayPal Giving Fund and 100% of your donation goes to Kōkua Mau. Please use this link to make your donation. The PayPal Giving Fund has a set template and you may have to enter the membership level you want to join manually. The rest is 3 easy clicks and you are done. An email confirming your donation should follow shortly thereafter. (If you do not have a PayPal account you cannot use this fee-free service.)
- Donate with Network for Good online. Please add the proper amount in the “other” field. Please note that Network for Good automatically adds a 5% processing fee to your donation amount if you use the on-line option. *
Benefits of Membership
All professional members receive:
- Recognition as a supporter and member on the Kōkua Mau website with a link to your website and in Kōkua Mau materials and public events.
- Discounts on Kōkua Mau trainings, courses, workshops for your staff.
- Kōkua Mau eNewsletter: latest news, local and national events, and journal articles.
- A place at the frontline in improving how people in Hawai‘i are cared for throughout the spectrum of life.
Kōkua Mau Member Benefits for Organizations: Training Packages
Kōkua Mau: Your Partner for Advance Care Planning
More businesses and organizations are recognizing the importance of equipping their employees and others with sound information on Advance Care Planning (ACP). Employees need advice from a trusted, objective resource to make sound decisions when a family member is facing critical end-of-life care decisions. It is a situation that touches everyone at some point. Kōkua Mau can be your valuable partner to initiate this planning process. Download the PDF file with details.
Want to join Kokua Mau as an individual?
* Receipt for your tax-deductible donation will be issued by Network for Good and emailed to you almost instantly. Please note technically speaking you are donating to Network for Good on Kōkua Mau’s behalf and the tax deductible receipt will be issued by Network for Good, not Kōkua Mau.