- This event has passed.
Learning from Dr. Mitsuo Aoki 6 sesssions
November 8 @ 5:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Introducing a video, discussion and teaching series focused on working with individuals with terminal illness. The sessions are based on actual filmed classes of Dr. Aoki teaching in 1987.
Oct. 18, 25 & Nov. 1, 8
5:30 to 7:30 PM
2 additional class dates to be determined
Wesley United Methodist Church
1350 Hunakai St, Honolulu, HI 96816
In this series of 6 classes, a participant will:
- gain necessary knowledge about death and dying including: 9 fears associated with dying and definition of a “good death”
- acquire techniques designed preparing him or her to be “present”, while listening to and working with individuals who are terminally ill
- understand the grieving process and the grieving of survivors
- be introduced to a conceptual understanding of suicidal thoughts and acts
- learn about and discuss life after death.
- The final session will cover advanced care planning considerations and helpful community resources.
This series is intended for professionals and health care support staff/volunteers. However, adult family members are also welcome to attend. Seating is limited. CEUs for social workers, nurses, and other health care professionals are pending application and approval.
Registration deadline: Oct. 11, 2017. For registration email: mitsaokilegacy(at)hawaii.rr.com