- This event has passed.
Facilitator Training ACP and POLST
July 13, 2017 @ 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Facilitator Training: Advance Care Planning (ACP) and Provider Orders for Life-Sustaining Treatment (POLST)
Communication Skills to Improve ACP and POLST Conversations
This course is offered for nurses, physicians, social workers and other clinicians and focuses on reviewing the processes related to creating advanced directives and key elements for in facility discussions for ACP and POLST development.
- Identify barriers to ACP. Learn resources and tools needed to initiate ACP discussion with patient and practice communication skills
- Convey the importance of completing an advance health care directive and naming a health care decision maker
- Describe the purpose of POLST program. Review the 5 different sections in the POLST. Identify skills in assist in making end-of-life treatment decisions to include CPR, DNAR, full and limited treatment, time-limited trials and comfort care
- Demonstrate POLST type conversations in role-play exercises
- Discuss the implementation of ACP for hospital and community. Identify ways to standardize and measure ACP documentation in the EMR
793 S Hotel Street (Next to Straub Medical Center)
Select one date to attend:
October 19: Thur. from 0800 – 1630
December 7: Thur. from 0800 – 1630
HPH employees: Manager’s approval is required prior to registering AND register online through HPH Learning Center (HLC). Type in catalog: ACP or POLST ; Select course: HPH – POLST Advance Care Planning (ACP) Facilitator Certification 2017
Non HPH participants: Please register via email:
Please contact Michelle Cantillo, RN, HPH ACP Coordinator at 808-535-7874 or via email for any questions.