- This event has passed.
April 17 @ 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
National Health Care Decisions Week: April 16-22, 2018
Join Americans across the country in making future healthcare decisions known to family, friends and healthcare providers. Celebrate National Health Care Decisions Day on April 16th by starting the conversation and share your wishes with your friends and family.
Advance Care Planning Advance Directives and Provider Orders for Life-Sustaining Treatment Training
- Utilize ACP resources to promote advance care planning discussions.
- Engage the multidisciplinary team to patient-centered discussion addressing advance care planning.
- Promote patients’ knowledge of advance directives including health care power of attorney designation.
- Ensure correct documentation of POLST – CPR, DNAR, full and limited treatment, time-limited trials and comfort care.
- Promote correct process of ACP documents – access and utilization in your organization.
Hawai‘i Pacific Health
Learning Resource Center, Room 101
793 S Hotel Street (Next to Straub Medical Center)
Non HPH participants: Register online and for more information
Updated NHDD activities at Hawaii Pacific Health:
- 4/16 – SMC – “Interactive Community Advance Care Planning Workshop” from 1-3:00pm FIC 980 – more –
- 4/17 – HPH – Advance Care Planning, Advance Directives and Provider Orders for Life-Sustaining Facilitator Training from 8-4:30pm – more –
- 4/18 – WMC – ACP public class 9-11:30 am or 1-3:30pm – more –
- 4/19 – Villages of Kapolei – ACP Education – 10 – 11am
- 4/20 – Palolo Nursing Home – ACP Education for nursing and Social Work staff – 1-2pm