- This event has passed.
Learning from Dr. Mitsuo Aoki 6 sessions
October 25, 2017 @ 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Introducing a video, discussion and teaching series focused on working with individuals with terminal illness. The sessions are based on actual filmed classes of Dr. Aoki teaching in 1987.
Oct. 18, 25 & Nov. 1, 8
5:30 to 7:30 PM
2 additional class dates to be determined
Wesley United Methodist Church
1350 Hunakai St, Honolulu, HI 96816
In this series of 6 classes, a participant will:
- gain necessary knowledge about death and dying including: 9 fears associated with dying and definition of a “good death”
- acquire techniques designed preparing him or her to be “present”, while listening to and working with individuals who are terminally ill
- understand the grieving process and the grieving of survivors
- be introduced to a conceptual understanding of suicidal thoughts and acts
- learn about and discuss life after death.
- The final session will cover advanced care planning considerations and helpful community resources.
All classes are free of charge. Donations accepted.
This series is intended for professionals and health care support staff/volunteers. However, adult family members are also welcome to attend. Seating is limited. CEUs for social workers, nurses, and other health care professionals are pending application and approval.
Registration deadline: Oct. 11, 2017. For registration email: mitsaokilegacy(at)hawaii.rr.com