Advance Care Planning Coordinator
Kōkua Mau, Hawaii Hospice and Palliative Care Organization
2017 Update: Please not that we no longer accept applications
September 26, 2016 – Kōkua Mau is Hawaii's Hospice and Palliative Care Organization, a community benefit, nonprofit organization. Kōkua Mau is comprised of individual and organizational champions and supporters from hospitals, education, consumers, insurance, long term care and hospices.
Kōkua Mau is seeking an Advance Care Planning Coordinator to develop and coordinate multiple projects, work with Kōkua Mau member organizations and local coalitions, and coordinate public outreach efforts on advance care planning.
This position requires at least a Bachelor’s degree in Health Sciences or Administration, Public Health, Social Sciences, Public Policy, or related field or related field or equivalent work experience; experience working in the healthcare field; working knowledge of end‐of‐life, palliative care, advance care planning, public health, or health policy; and at least five years of program management experience, including implementing grant-funded projects. A graduate degree, non-profit work experience, and experience developing grant proposals are highly desirable.
Other requirements include:
• Works independently
• Interacts professionally with diverse individuals and multicultural populations.
• Excellent communication, public speaking, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to lead projects
• Strong writing, proofreading and editing skills
• Strong organizing, time management and planning abilities
• An understanding of grant reporting and evaluation
• Computer literacy and knowledge of MS Office Suite and familiarity with Social Media
• Ability to work collaboratively with a wide variety of individuals and organizations, including healthcare professionals, healthcare facilities, consumers, consultants, and funding agencies
The job is full time. Work schedule is typically Monday through Friday, during normal business hours. The occasional need to work nights, weekends and overnight travel is required. Kōkua Mau offers competitive pay, excellent benefits and the opportunity to work with an amazing network.
If this sounds like a good fit with your background and interests, let us hear from you. To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter, and salary requirement by Nov. 1, 2016 to Kōkua Mau, PO Box 62155, Honolulu HI 96839 or firstname.lastname@example.org.